The requirements for admission to the Master program International Business and Management are:
The Master program is a consecutive program, which buillds up directly on the Business and Management know-how gained in your previous studies. Therefore, your Bachelor should have at least 80% of subjects related to Business Administration, Management and/or Economics in order to fulfill the admission requirements. For the conversion of foreign degrees, Osnabrück University of Applied Sciences generally applies the Modified Bavarian Formula. You can find information on the German grading system here: Information on the German grading system
If you have not yet completed your Bachelor studies at the application deadline (April 15th or July 15th respectively), you can still apply to the Master program. However, you need to have completed at least 80% of the necessary credits of your Bachelor program at the time of your application. In this case, please make sure your application includes
- an official and current transcript of records showing all your completed courses, including grades
- the total number of Credits of your Bachelor program and the percentage of Credits / courses you have completed at the time of your application
- your current, preliminary average grade. This grade will be used for evaluating your application during the selection process, no matter if your final grade later differs from the preliminary grade.
Please note: It is strongly recommended to complete all courses including the bachelor thesis by the beginning of the first semester in the master´s programme.
The lectures of the Master program International Business and Management at University of Applied Sciences Osnabrück are taught in English language. Your language proficiency in English is therefore a crucial factor to the success of your studies and one of our admission requirements.
Your English language proficiency needs to meet the C1 level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR). Information regarding the accepted language certificates can be found under Language requirements English and German.
We accept the following test certificates:
English language proficiency:
If English is not your mother tongue, your study competence has to be proven by one of the following language tests:
|Minimum Score / Grade
|TOEFL – Test of English as a Foreign Language (internet-based)
|TOEIC – Test of English for International Communication
|IELTS - International English Language Testing System
|CPE – Cambridge Proficiency
|CAE – Cambridge Advanced
|BEC 3 – Business English Certificate
- The test result submitted mustn't be older than three years at the time your Master studies begin.
- The above mentioned scores are minimum scores, i.e. we do not accept any scores below these.
In individual cases, other than the certificates mentioned above can be accepted as a proof of your study competence in English:
- If your Bachelor program was instructed entirely in English, you do not need to submit further proof of your language proficiency. Please ensure that the application you submit provides us with sufficient proof from your home university that your Bachelor was lectured completely in English language.
- If you have studied at a German university: A certificate or other proof from your university clearly stating your English proficiency according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) (min. C1) or a DAAD language certificate from the university can be accepted.
- Applicants from Hochschule Osnabrück: Your successful attendance of the course English 4, shown on your transcript of records, is sufficient.
Please contact us if you have doubts or questions regarding your proof of your English language proficiency.
For international students, a basic proficiency in German is necessary for mastering daily life on and off campus more easily. This will also contribute positively to your overall study success and is therefore also part of our admission criteria.
If German is not your mother tongue, your German language proficiency needs to meet the level A1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR). A proof of basic German proficiency (min. A1 level CEFR) is mandatory and needs to be submitted within your application documents.
We do accept official test certificates from various institutions and universities. If you do not hold a certificate at the time the application period ends, i.e. 15.4. (Non-EU) or 15.7. (EU), but are currently taking a German language course, you can still apply. In such a case, please make sure to submit a proof that you are currently enrolled in a relevant course and please indicate when the certificate will be available. We will then be able to consider your application in the process.
In addition to the central criteria mentioned above, we will evaluate other aspects such as professional experience, internships, scholarships, exchange semesters or extracurricular and social activities in the selection process. Commitments and activities outside of your studies will only be considered if you can provide appropriate proof.
There are two application periods for the Master of International Business and Management at Osnabrück University of Applied Science.
- for the Non EU citizen, please apply from February 1 until April 15 (portal closes at 23:59 p.m. CEST)
- for the EU citizen from May 1 until July 15
Application must ONLY be submitted at the online application portal of the university. Hardcopies are not required.
Checklist Application Documents
Please note that we can only evaluate complete online applications in the selection process, incomplete applications cannot be considered and will be rejected. In the following you can therefore find a checklist to make sure that you have all necessary documents.
|1. Application Form
|2. Cover Sheet
|4. Curriculum Vitae
|5. English language certificate(s)
|6. German language certificate(s)
|7. Proof of your higher education
|8. Additional documents
After creating an account in our online application portal, you will receive your access data by e-mail and will need to change your password.
You can now start your application by selecting the Master's program International Business and Management and filling in all the required information. Please have your application documents ready and upload them as one pdf file (maximum size 50 MB) via the portal. You can save your data at any time during the application process and continue, change or correct it at a later date. No changes can be made after the application has been sent.
The assessment of your application can only be completed once we have received your online application.
* Your application documents will be kept for a maximum period of 18 months and deleted afterwards from our system.
Please note, letters of admission/ notifications of rejection are forwarded by the Student Admission Office by end of April for the Non EU - applicants and by end of July for the EU applicants. In case of admission, you will be asked to show your originals or certified documents.
Any questions or still need assistance, please reach out to our team at email@example.com.