Academic Senate of the Osnabrück University of Applied Sciences
The tasks of the Academic Senate arise from the Lower Saxony University Regulation (NHG):
The Academic Senate decides the rules of the university as far as this responsibility is not otherwise assigned, according to this law, or the basic rules of the faculty or another organ. It can decide on examination regulations for inter-faculty degree programs. It decides on the basic rules and their amendments by a majority of two-thirds of its members. The basic rules and their amendments require approval.
The Academic Senate decides on the development planning according to §1 Para. 3 Sentence 2 NHG, which is the basis for the target agreement as well as the equal opportunity plan with specific targets and timelines in consultation with the University Steering Committee. It adopts opinions on all self-administration affairs of fundamental importance, in particular, for the establishment, significant modification or suspension of faculties, as well as for the introduction, significant modification and closure of degree programs . The University Steering Committee is accountable to the Academic Senate in all affairs of self-administration in its decision jurisdiction. These include, in particular, measures within the meaning of §17, Para. 2, Sentence 1 NHG. The Academic Senate has a comprehensive right to information to the University Steering Committee. It must be given an opportunity to comment in good time before a decision is made on the business plan and prior to the conclusion of a target agreement.
The Academic Senate is made up of 13 members with voting rights. They are elected directly by groups. The University Steering Committee, the management of the Institute of Music, Equal Opportunity officer, the Chairperson of the Staff Council, a representative of the AStA as well as the Legal Affairs Department also participate.
Chair: Prof. Dr. Andreas Bertram
Session chair: Prof. Dr. Karin Schnitker
Minutes: N. N.
- Prof. Dr. Nils Förster (Engineering and Computer Science)
- Prof. Dr. Petra Gorschlüter (Business Management and Social Sciences)
- Prof. Dr. Reinhard Rauscher (Management, Culture and Technology)
- Prof. Dr. Karin Schnitker (Agricultural Sciences and Landscape Architecture)
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Wolfgang Stelzle (Engineering and Computer Science)
- Prof. Dr. Norbert Tonner (Business Management and Social Sciences)
- Prof. Dr. Jürgen Wübbelmann (Engineering and Computer Science)
- Hannelore Schmidt (Engineering and Computer Science)
- Heinz-Hermann Hillbrand (Engineering and Computer Science)
MTV (Technical and Management Services):
- Sabine Bendig (Business Management and Social Sciences)
- Carolin Kuhlmann (Agricultural Sciences and Landscape Architecture)
- Katharina Albers (Business Management and Social Sciences)
- Fritz-Dietrich Burghardt (Agricultural Sciences and Landscape Architecture)
Advisory members of the Academic Senate:
- Prof. Dr. Andreas Bertram (President)
- Dr. Kai Handel (Senior Vice President)
- Prof. Dr. Sabine Eggers (Vice President)
- Prof. Dr. Bernd Lehmann (Vice President)
- Prof. Dr. Alexander Schmehmann (Vice President)
- Prof. Dr. Thomas Steinkamp (Vice President)
- Prof. Sascha Wienhausen (Management Institute of Music of the HSOS)
- Bettina Charlotte Belker (Equal Opportunity Officer)
- Wilhelm Prescher (Chairman of the Staff Council)
- N.N. (AStA, report university policy)
The public records and protocol sections of the Academic Senate are available to the university public on the OSCA portal of the Osnabrück University of Applied Sciences. There is a team area on the OSCA portal where all meeting documents are available for members of the Academic Senate.
Contact President’s Office
The President's Office coordinates the meetings of the central university organs of the University Steering Committee, the Academic Senate and the Foundation Board and prepares the decisions. It is the first point of contact for interdepartmental issues, information and key processes of the university development. All appointments of the President and the Senior Vice President, as well as their involvement in the external boards and committees are prepared and followed up in the President's Office. In addition, central projects of the university development are processed.
- Head of the President's office
Room AF 0308B
Phone: +49 (0)541 969-3515
- Outer office of the President
Room: AF 0303
Phone: +49 (0)541 969-2104
- Outer office of the Vice President
- Coordination of university bodies