Looking for a room in a shared apartment, establishing a shared apartment or setting up a small apartment or a home - we help you feel at home from the onset in Osnabrück and Lingen and find the right new home for you. We have compiled tips and contacts for the apartment search here.
The Student Services Osnabrück maintains numerous residential facilities for students. From single rooms in shared flats to the family apartment, it offers approximately 2,000 students in Osnabrück and Lingen housing opportunities at favorable rental prices. You find an overview of all dormitories and rentals online on the Student Services Osnabrück website. There you can directly apply for a room.
Employees are also available via telephone or personal assistance:
Abteilung Studentisches Wohnen
Telephone: +49 (0) 541 / 33107-30
Tuesday, Thursday, Friday: 11: 00 am to 1:00 pm
Wednesday: 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm
as well as agreed by telephone
The Student Services Osnabrück mainly offers rooms and apartments in its own dormitories but also generally advises on the housing market and Osnabrück,and Lingen and also manages several apartments on the market.
Other housing exchanges
Wednesdays and Saturdays, apartments are advertised in the Neuen Osnabrücker Zeitung (NOZ) and the Lingener Tagespost. Students can place free ads on various other portals - no matter whether they are looking for a shared apartment or need a new tenant.
- Start the search for an accommodation as early as possible - right before the winter semester, the demand for shared rooms in apartments and dormitory rooms is very high
- Try to rent the dorm room during the holidays and not at the beginning of the semester
- Many students rent out their room for a semester when they go abroad. So how about an interim room for a start? This means you can keep looking during the semester when the housing market has calmed down.
- Don't just look in the city center, but also in the surrounding suburbs and regions. You can get around Osnabrück by bus or bike quickly. The university locations are also very easily reached.
- How about establishing a shared apartment? Especially for the winter semester, it may be easier to rent a bigger apartment. Go ahead and contact landlords and housing associations together with other students.