How to apply
One of our job vacancy for professors has caught your attention and you would like to apply for a professorship at Osnabrück University of Applied Sciences?
Below you will find an overview and tips relating to the individual parts of a complete application. We look forward to receiving your detailed and meaningful application stating your individual suitability for the vacancy. If you have any questions about the application, please contact the Appointments and Recruitment Department (in German). Inquiries in English can be addressed to Aline Poniatowski (email@example.com).
In your cover letter, please make clear references of your Curriculum Vitae to the advertised professorship.
We recommend to submit a well-structured and arranged Curriculum Vitae in tabular form. List everything that you consider may be of importance. The following points, for example, may be of interest:
- Academic education
- Occupational activities (in brief: main areas of work, tasks, responsibilities)
- Further education
- Research and development projects
- Scholarships / prizes / awards
- Study abroad
- (International) cooperation
- Memberships in professional associations, etc.
- Posts or participation in committees of academic self-administration
- Honorary posts
- Severe disability, if applicable
Submit your list of publications. Please indicate which monographs and editorships, articles in journals and anthologies have already been published or are planned.
If you have already carried out a teaching assignment, or other teaching, please present this experience in tabular form. List the type of course, the topic, the semester and the university. Activities as a coach, trainer or type of instructor are also relevant. If you have not yet gained any university teaching experience, you are welcome to apply nevertheless; following your appointment, our PROFHOS programme offers you the opportunity to develop your own teaching personality.
Exceptional achievements in the application or development of academic findings and methods in professional practice
If you have, for example,
- applied for patents
- received prizes or awards
- supervised theses
- and/or mastered particularly challenging projects in everyday work and derived scientific findings from them,
then please inform us about these achievements.
Please attach the following documents to your application:
- supporting documents confirming previous employment (preferably written references from former employers, if available)
- certificate of completion and evaluation of doctorate
- certificates of academic degrees (Bachelor, Master etc.)
- Proof of university entrance qualification (high school diploma or equivalent)
- if applicable, further evidence of training, further education, etc.
- evidence of prizes and awards, if applicable and available
- 2 selected teaching evaluations, if applicable
- if you a severely handicapped person, please provide a copy of your disability card or a similar document