Sponsored by the DAAD of capital contributed by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF).
Study Preparation Course for Refugees
STUDYPREP OS - A Step towards academic studies in Osnabrück
Together, Osnabrück University of Applied Scienes and the University of Osnabrück offer a pogram that prepares refugees for academic studies in Osnabrück. The program is sponsored by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) and combines the following aspects:
- eight hours per week: German language course
- two hours per week: learning German in small groups with a student tutor
- four hours per week: preparation for academic writing
- two hours per week: seminar and excursions on intercultural aspects of living and studying in Germany
Who can apply?
You are welcome to apply if you plan to study as a regular student at Osnabrück University of Applied Sciences or at the University of Osnabrück, and if you fulfill these requirements:
- you need to have at least your BüMA
- you have a university entrance qualification for Germany (we will be happy to give you information on the university entrance qualification in the Center for International Students at Osnabrück University of Applied Sciences or at StudyOS in the University of Osnabrück)
- you can prove that you have already reached the B1-level in German (for example after completing a German and integration course)
To apply for STUDYPREP OS, please send us the following application documents:
- application form (see above)
- proof of your asylum status
- copy of your school leaving certificate (in German or English translation)
- copy of your German certificate (if available)
- your CV in German language
- a letter of motivation: please explain why you would like to participate in STUDYPREP OS and what goals you would like to attain (no more than 1 page)
Please participate in one of our German language assessment tests (onDaF).