sponsored by the DAAD with funding contributed by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF)
Study Preparation Course for Refugees
STUDYPREP OS - A step towards academic studies in Osnabrück
Together, Osnabrück University of Applied Scienes and the University of Osnabrück offer a pogram which prepares refugees for academic studies in Osnabrück. It is sponsored by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD).
This programm consists of 24 hours/week and combines the following aspects:
- German language course: Intensive language course taught by qualified teachers of German as a Foreign Language
- Tutorial: Learning German in small groups with a student tutor of one of Osnabrück's universities
- Self-study period: An introduction to self-organized and responsible learning
- Academic writing: An Introduction to academic writing methods
- Intercultural competence at a glance: Seminar on intercultural aspects of living and studying in Germany
- Lecture: Experiencing and understanding Germany
This year's program is going to start on April 1st, 2019. The application deadline passes on March 15th, 2019.
You are welcome to apply if you plan to study as a regular student at Osnabrück University of Applied Sciences or at the University of Osnabrück, and if you fulfill the following requirements:
- you have at least your BüMA
- you have a university entrance qualification for Germany (we will be happy to give you information on the university entrance qualification at StudyOS in the University of Osnabrück or in the Center for International Students at Osnabrück University of Applied Sciences)
- you can prove that you have already reached A2 language proficiency in German
To apply for STUDYPREP OS, please send us the following application documents:
- Application form
- Proof of your refugee status
- CV (translated into GER)
- Copy of your school leaving certificate (translated into GER or ENG)
- In case you have already studied: Copy of your university degree (translated into GER or ENG)
- Copy of your German certificate (at least A2)
- Letter of motivation: please explain why you would like to participate in STUDYPREP OS and what goals you would like to attain (approx. 150 words)
Please participate in one of our German language assessment tests on either March 5th, 2019 or March 26th, 2019.
Please fill in the application form, attach all the obligatory documents mentioned above, and hand your application in latest by March 15th, 2019 using the contact details below.
In case you have already participated in STUDYPREP OS in the past, it is not necessary to add all of the documents again. Please only submit the application form.
- Osnabrück University of Applied Sciences
Telephone: +49 (0)541 969-3279
- The University of Osnabrück
IMIS, Neuer Graben 19/21
Telephone: +49 (0)541 969-6360