The “Management in Nonprofit Organisations” program starts in winter semester.
- From the end of April / beginning of May until July 15 (closing date)
Applications can be made online. You are additionally required to send your application by post.
Please note that you may only apply for one Master program at Osnabrück University of Applied Sciences.
If you want to apply for the DAAD Helmut Schmidt Scholarship, please follow the instructions here.
A degree (from a university or a university of applied sciences) in one of the following areas:
- Social sciences
- Economics and business administration
- Or another previous degree in another appropriate subject
It is up to the selection committee to decide whether the subject of your previous degree is appropriate.
If you have not yet completed your degree at the time of applying for this Master program, but have already earned at least 80 percent of the total credits required and you can be expected to obtain your Bachelor degree by the end of the first semester at the latest, provisional admission will be granted.
- Language skills for WS 23/24 intakes:
Foreign applicants: You must prove that you have at least B1 level German at the time of application. You must provide proof of level B2 German by the time lectures begin.
- Language skills for WS 24/25 intakes:
You must demonstrate at least B2 level English at the time of application. In addition, foreign applicants must provide proof of at least level A1 German (subject to approval by the accreditation agency).
If the number of applicants exceeds the number of available places, admission is granted based on the results of the university’s internal selection procedure:
For ranking purposes, the final grade of the Bachelor degree is assessed in combination with voluntary work / involvement in non-profit organizations, professional experience with relevance to the study program, internships, vocational education and training, performance-related and subject-related scholarships and experience abroad with relevance to the study program. Points are awarded for each criterion for the preliminary ranking. This point scheme is defined in Section 4 of the Entrance and Admission Regulations for the Master program in Management in Non-Profit Organizations. You can find these Regulations in the Amtsblatt (Official Journal).
In addition to applying online, all documents must be completed in full and sent by post to Osnabrück University of Applied Sciences by the specified deadline together with a cover letter or a short letter of motivation (please do not send application dossiers). In the first step of the process, non-certified copies will suffice.
For your online application, please upload all documents in a single PDF file (not a zip file). Please save this file as follows: “last name_first name”. The file size should not exceed 50 MB.
The following application documents need to be submitted:
- CV with (application) photo: Please include your address, email address, cell phone number, etc. in your CV.
- Undergraduate degree certificate (degree certificate, certificates): If you do not yet have these documents, you can also submit a certificate confirming that you have earned at least 80 percent of the credits to be awarded in the program by the application deadline (July 15), along with your preliminary average grade and, if possible, information about the standard number of ECTS for your program.
- Proof of qualifications and knowledge relevant to admission:
- Voluntary work / involvement in nonprofit organisations
- Relevant professional experience
- Vocational education and training
- Performance-related and subject-related scholarships
- Experience abroad with relevance to the study program
Please submit the relevant supporting documents! If no proof is provided, internships or periods abroad, for example, will not be included in the points scheme for the preliminary ranking.
Please note that your application can only be considered in the selection process if
- you have submitted your online application and
- sent your written application documents to Osnabrück University of Applied Sciences.
Please send your written application documents by July 15 to:
University of Applied Sciences
Office of the University Registrar
First of all, you need to register as an applicant with your personal data and email address, and create an account. You will then receive your login details by email and will be asked to change your password after logging in for the first time.
You will be asked to provide further information about your application (entrance qualification for studies at universities of applied sciences (Fachhochschulreife) / general qualification for university entrance (Abitur), apprenticeship, internship, previous periods of study and other details) step by step. You can temporarily save your application at any time during the application period, and continue, correct or amend it at a later date using your login details.
You can only submit your application once you have completed all the information. Once you have finally submitted your application, you will no longer be able to make any changes online.
If you have any questions about the content of your application, the Program Coordinator will be happy to help you:
Phone: +49 541 969 3054