Public Administration (B.A.)Program structure
Structure of the program
The Public Administration Bachelor’s degree program at the Osnabrück University of Applied Sciences requires six semesters. The first two theoretical semesters convey the legal and business fundamentals of Public Administration. Students complete the two semester on-site at the university.
As part of the second semester, students complete their first internship during the semester break between the second and third semesters. Here, students can gain initial experience in Public Administration, apply and expand previously acquired methodological and professional knowledge and make contacts for future employment.
Three more theoretically-oriented semesters follow this. In the fifth semester, there is another opportunity to work with an agency as part of the practical project. In cooperation with the Osnabrück University of Applied Sciences and professors who take over supervision in accordance with their teaching focus, Lower Saxony authorities offer special topics in legal, business management and socio-economic areas. In teams, students scientifically look into the topics and propose solutions.
The sixth semester initially consists of the second internship lasting 15 weeks, and, secondly, the processing time of six weeks for the preparation of the thesis.
- Selected Forms of Administrative Procedures and Basics of European Law
- Warranty Law, Law of Commercial Terms and Conditions, Torts Law as well as Applied Case Studies
- Rights and Duties in Public Service
- Public and Operational Functions
- Work and Organization Sociology / Psychology in the Public Sector
- Specialization Organization/Marketing: Organization and Process Management
- Specialization Accounting: Internal Accounting
- Specialization Selected Areas of Special Administrative Law: Building Law and Communal Ordinance Law and other Selected Areas of Special Administrative Law
- Specialization International Legal Aspects of Public Administration: Administrative Fields of International Law
- Specialization International Public Management: English 3 (Language for Specific Purposes – Business and Law) / CEF B1/B2 / English 4 (Language for Specific Purposes – Business and Law) / CEF B2/C1
- Administrative Acts and their Control as well as Applied Case Studies
- Seminar on selected Fields of Law
- Modification and Termination of Public Employment
- Practice Project
- Administrative Management
- Specialization Organization/Marketing: Marketing for the Public Sector
- Specialization Accounting: External Accounting
- Specialization Selected Areas of Special Administrative Law: Migration Law and Selected Areas of Special Administrative Law or Social and Special Administration Law
- Specialization International Legal Aspects of Public Administration: Law of Foreign Countries and Comparative Law
- Specialization International Public Management: International Aspects of Economics, Law, Politics and Social Sciences