Ornamental Plant Production
Faculty of Agricultural Science and Landscape Architecture
Version 7.0 of 01/28/2020
- Code of Module
- Modulename (german)
- Study Programmes
- Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen Agrar/Lebensmittel (B.Eng.)
- Angewandte Pflanzenbiologie – Gartenbau, Pflanzentechnologie (B.Sc.)
- Level of Module
- The course focuses on cut flower systems (Hydroponics), ornamental plant production in containers, which is often related to plants that require low temperature. Furthermore, case studies of physiological damages will be shown and discussed. Topics:
- Container production
- Physiological damages
- Learning Outcomes
Participants broaden their knowledge in special plant groups and cultural systems.
Participants will transfer their basic knowledge of the first two semesters on relevant plant cultures.
Instrumental Skills and Competences
Participants know how to use measurements to achieve quality aims with relevant plants.
Communicative Skills and Competences
Participants have the ability to communicate about damage reasons and develop measures for improving the plant culture conditions. Participants are also able to analyze test results.
Systemic Skills and Competences
- Mode of Delivery
Lecture / seminar / practice
- Expected Knowledge and/or Competences
Modules "Vegetative Development of Herbaceous Plants" and "Flowering, Fruit Development and Dormancy"
- Responsible of the Module
- Concept of Study and Teaching
Workload Dozentengebunden Std. Workload Lehrtyp 20 Vorlesungen 30 Übungen 40 Vorlesungen Workload Dozentenungebunden Std. Workload Lehrtyp 25 Veranstaltungsvor-/-nachbereitung 20 Literaturstudium 15 Prüfungsvorbereitung
- Recommended Reading
- aktuelle Fachaufsätze
- Graded Exam
- Viva Voce
- Two-Hour Written Examination
- Ungraded Exam
- Assessment Methods Remark
Standard exam performance: written exam, 2-hours (alternative exam, if necessary to be chosen by the examiner and announced at the beginning of the course); Regular participation in the exercises
- Examination Requirements
see course content
- Module Frequency
Only Winter Term
- Language of Instruction