Home Economics , Nutrition and Education
Faculty of Agricultural Science and Landscape Architecture
Version 14.0 of 03/13/2020
- Code of Module
- Modulename (german)
Home Economcis, Nutrition and Education
- Study Programmes
- Berufliche Bildung - Teilstudiengang Ökotrophologie (B.Sc.)
- Ökotrophologie (B.Sc.)
- Level of Module
- Mission Statement
Due to the global interdependence of supply and demand, the academic discourse concerning home economics, nutrition and edcation often takes place in English language. Students should therefore obtain the latest information on selected topics and international documents which enable them to research accordingly, to maintain international contacts and to establish themselves professionally and with employers in an international context.
- Nutrition and Nutrition Education:Global Nutrition problems, especially in developing countries and in comparison to the European/ German situation;nutritional surveys, nutritional politics;nutrition securityrequirements for nutrition education especially in developing countries, country examples.
- Home Economics:Home economics and domestic science in an international context;examples of relevant institutions, issues and projects.
- Learning Outcomes
Students have an overview and an understanding of the findings of the international action areas of home economics and nutritional sciences
Students have a deep knowledge of current examples from other countries in home economics and nutritional sciences and are able to present these in English
Instrumental Skills and Competences
May - instrumental competence
Interpret different examples in the special subjects of home economics and nutritional sciences in English and derive measures for their own actions.
Communicative Skills and Competences
Can - communicative competence
Students can use English-language sources to derive their own solutions to and interpretations of problems.
Systemic Skills and Competences
Can - systemic competence
Students use knowledge, that has been acquired by way of example, and apply it to other international issues in the context of home economics and nutritional sciences in English.
- Mode of Delivery
Seminar: presentations, analysis of texts, working in small groups, discussions
- Expected Knowledge and/or Competences
English (level B1, B2)
- Responsible of the Module
- Straka, Dorothee
- Wicker, Kathrin
- Börries, Gabriele
- Concept of Study and Teaching
Workload Dozentengebunden Std. Workload Lehrtyp 60 Seminare 40 Übungen Workload Dozentenungebunden Std. Workload Lehrtyp 30 Prüfungsvorbereitung 20 Veranstaltungsvor-/-nachbereitung
- Recommended Reading
a list of the recent specific literature is provided in the course
- Assessment Methods Remark
All parts of exam in English language
- Examination Requirements
presentation of individually chosen topic; active participation in an additional workshop (e.g. introduction of speakers, leading discussion)
- Module Frequency
Only Winter Term
- Language of Instruction