Have you ever wondered what it would be like to stand at the front of an auditorium and share your knowledge with others? Would you like to find out more about teaching at a university of applied sciences (UAS) and gain your first teaching experience? Then Try it! Lehre is the right program for you!
Try it! Lehre is a mentoring program within the CarLa project to promote new talent in university teaching. The program offers graduates with professional experience or doctoral students the opportunity to immerse themselves in teaching at Osnabrück University of Applied Sciences. Experienced faculty members will mentor you and provide individual support during your first teaching experiences.
- You contact us and send us your profile form
- Those interested in teaching are matched with teaching mentors
- An introductory meeting is held between matched participants for the purpose of getting to know each other and planning the mentoring period
- The Try it! Lehre program is implemented
- Regular feedback meetings are held
- There is a final meeting with the program coordinator, who issues a certificate of participation
There are several options for implementation, including:
- Work shadowing
- Mutual exchange of information and ideas
- Guest lectures
- Co-creation of practical sessions or course topics
- Team teaching (*collaborative teaching method in which at least two people plan, implement, and reflect on a course together)
In the profile form, you have the opportunity to describe your skills and what you expect from the mentoring program. We use this information to match you with a mentor. If a match is made with a faculty member in your area of expertise, we will contact you immediately so that you can get in touch.
Osnabrück University of Applied Sciences is committed to diversity and inclusion. The team members of the CarLa project strongly believe that a diverse teaching staff with different backgrounds and experiences enriches the quality of teaching and contributes to a more open and inclusive learning environment. For this reason, we encourage people of all genders, ethnicities, ages, beliefs, and abilities to apply for the teaching mentoring program Try it! Lehre. Your unique perspectives are a valuable resource to our academic community and the students who will benefit from your expertise.
Try it! Lehre is committed to creating an inclusive environment. If you need special assistance or adaptations, please do not hesitate to contact us.