International accreditation is an international seal of quality for business schools and business degree programs that can be earned in addition to the mandatory national accreditation. Those seals are awarded by international accreditation organizations. Depending on the organization, accreditation systems are offered for the entire institution or for individual study programs. Universities that have achieved international accreditation proof that their quality standards are in line with international standards.
The Faculty of Business Management and Social Sciences (WiSo) has decided to take the path of international program accreditation. The English-taught program International Management B.A. is the first program that is set out to achieve the international program accreditation. The organization EFMD (European Foundation of Management Development) and its program accreditation system EFMD accredited were chosen as partner and accreditation agency.
EFMD is a global network of business schools, companies and other organizations committed to the development, improvement and internationalization of management education. The accreditation systems and respective quality labels offered by EFMD are recognized worldwide. The Faculty of Business Management and Social Sciences has been an EFMD member since 2021.
- to strengthen the international position of the Bachelor's program International Management B.A.
- to enhance the attractiveness of the program for international study applicants
- to aquire new partnerships for student exchange
- to strengthen existing international partnerships
- to raise the attractiveness of the faculty through optimized processes according to international standards
- to increase international mobilities in the faculty
- to expand the Faculty’s international network through membership in the EFMD community for cooperations, projects, research projects
- to strengthen competencies concerning management education, quality management and internationalization in business schools through access to EFMD conferences, seminars and information