Dialogue on Innovative Higher Education Strategies - Partnerships with Higher Education Institutions in Developing Countries (DIES-Partnerships)
- Project Title
Nurturing a Culture of Excellence in University Management through Leadership Development and Partnerships
- Project Responsibility
Hochschule Osnabrück (Osnabrück University of Applied Sciences)
- Head of the Project
Prof. Dr. Peter Mayer
- Participating Universities
Universitas Kristen Duta Wacana, Yogyakarta, Indonesia
Universitas Kristen Wira Wacana, Sumba, Indonesia
Universitas Halmahera, Maluku, Indonesia
Universitas Ottow Geissler, Papua, Indonesia
- Project Sponsor
DAAD Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst e.V.
- Funding period
1st January 2020 – 31st December 2023
The first outcome of the project should be a transformation of leadership and institutional management in order to upgrade the quality of education and the creation and fostering respectively of a culture of quality at four Indonesian universities. The following aspects are going to be addressed:
- Enhancing university leadership by introducing management techniques, supporting leaders in acquiring and applying managerial skills and helping them in networking.
- Enhancing pedagogic teaching and learning skills by showing ways how the university leadership can support faculty to improve.
- Improving the research infrastructure and raising the research output by introducing management know how aimed at research.
- Improving the quality of the administrative structures and processes with a better utilization of IT.
- Opening up the institutions for international cooperation.
The second outcome on the side of the UAS OS is the improvement of the understanding and ability to contribute to the development of higher education sectors in emerging economies by actively involving experienced experts, academic and management staffs in the project.
Furthermore, Indonesian and international experts are also involved in this four-year project between UAS OS and Indonesia, which will contribute to the success of the project. This collaboration enables the partners to strengthen the existing networks.