International Design Program
International Design Program
The International Design Program at Osnabrück University of Applied Sciences (UAS) is a one-term curriculum, jointly run in English by Interaction Design (IxD) and Industrial Design (ID) lecturers.
The program is established as
- a study abroad option for international undergraduate design students
- who are interested in spending a semester abroad at a German university.
- The course includes 30 ECTS points. Students will get a transcript of records listing all modules they have passed.
- Each term, a minimum of five alternating elective courses are offered, from which two are selected by the student. The candidates may choose courses within the ID curriculum, or the IxD curriculum, or even attend a mix of ID and IxD courses to broaden their skills outside their original field of expertise.
- Your main advantage: You may study one semester in Germany without profound German knowledge.
- Applications are accepted from all partner universities in the world. Students from European partner universities can make use of ERASMUS+ funding.
For further information you can download the course flyer.
|The Design Course||ECTS|
|This is the central element of the IDP: In an "Experimental Project" the students will encounter realworld design problems, to be solved in an interdisciplinary and international team of designers. This project is jointly run by lecturers in both design disciplines.||20|
|Interaction Design Options||ECTS|
|Design Methods (2017): A comprehensive and practical look at current design methods and how to apply them||5|
|Information Visualisation (2017) Technology, psychology, ethical standards and design strategies for the successful visualisation of complex information||5|
|Industrial Design Options||ECTS|
|CAD for Designers: From design to physical prototypes: An introduction to system-integrated use of CAD tools in the design process||5|
|Human-Centered Design & Ergonomic: From study to product: Integration of ergonomic methods in complex design processes||5|
|Imaging and Representation: In-depth analysis of established and experimental techniques of representation, both analog and digital||5|
|German as Foreign Language Course||ECTS|
|This compulsory course offers the oppotunity to meet international students from other faculties and to learn more about Germany and its culture. For more information about our International Language Course, please refer to the German Language School of Osnabrück UAS.||5|
|Date:||Summer term (March through July)|
|Administration Fees:||Students from partner universities: free|
Other students: approx. 300 Euros
|Application Deadline:||1 November of the previous year|
All information concerning your application you can find on the international site of the Faculty of Engineering and Computer Science.
Experience happiness! A nationwide survey showed that the happiest people of Germany live in Osnabrück. 160,000 people – among them 30,000 students – can’t be wrong. Come and find out!
The old town of the city is well preserved, with narrow winding alleys and old half-timbered houses. Find yourself back in the 17 century walking through a medieval city centre.
Enjoy Osnabrück’s music festivals, theatres, cinemas, bars and restaurants. In summer time, let Osnabrück entertain you with a range of open air events and festivals.
140 different nationalities and lots of different religions are at home in Osnabrück. Experience diversity!
The Osnabrück UAS has some 13,000 students. The study courses are offered in the fields of engineering and technology, business, management, social sciences, agri- and horticulture, theatre and music.
The IDP is offered by the design professors of the Faculty of Engineering and Computer Science.
We look forward to welcoming you in Osnabrück!
- Regarding academic questions:
Prof. Dipl.-Des. Thomas Hofmann
Prof. Dipl.-Des. Hannes Nehls
- Regarding administrative questions:
Elke Turner, International Faculty Office